Monday, May 22, 2006

i was once a helper of Opus Dei

If you have seen or read the much-hyped “thriller” (I’d say the Scorcese film The Last Temptation of Christ would be more objectionable) The Vinci Code, you know that Opus Dei is the group from which the villain in the movie/book came.

Not so many people know about the group until the Dan Brown’s novel came out. Now more people know more about the group after the movie is shown. And not so many people knew about my affiliation with the group until I publish this entry.

My gratitude to the group would include values I horned when I was still with them. Besides the wealthy facilities they own where I would devote hours for my academic studies, I was able to travel to Cebu and Bohol for the first time and took my very first airplane ride to do so because of the group.

Where I am now would not have been possible without my experience with Opus Dei. Needless to say, I am grateful.

Photo: Catholic Church in General Santos City, Mindanao, Philippines Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

\